Dream First Bank - Teaming Up to Further Education
We would like to include your child in an opportunity to learn more about saving money and banking. Once a week your child will be able to make his/her own deposit at their student-run bank in the school. With the help of bank personnel, students will have the opportunity to learn many aspects of banking and saving.
Students are responsible for getting their money to the bank, depositing it, and returning it with a receipt. They can also at any time stop by one of our bank branches and make a deposit, withdraw, or get a balance in their account. This experience teaches them the responsibility of money, how to save, and at this age be rewarded for it. Each week we offer a different incentive for making a deposit. We also draw names for books, give away bikes, and bring the BIG Money Machine for students to have a chance to grab more cash!
This is a student-run bank and the students can apply for positions at their schools (such as President, teller, customer service, etc.). The employees who are selected through their schools get the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in vital customer service skills, and how to manage money by counting and balancing, using a calculator, and building relationships. In addition, they gain accountability for being on time and showing up for work.
- Edith Scheuerman Piggy Bank: 7:30am-8:30am on Tuesdays
- Plymell Panther Bank: 7:30am-8:30am on Wednesdays
- Abe Hubert Longhorns Bank: 7:30am-8:30am on Thursdays
- BSIC Bulldogs Bank: 7:45am-8:45am (Bernadine Sitts Intermediate Center) on Thursdays
- Jennie Wilson Cougar Bank: 7:30am-8:30am on Fridays
- Sullivan Cubs Bank: 7:30am-8:00am on Wednesdays
- Trojan First Bank: 7:45am-8:10am on Wednesdays