Presentation Dates: November 8 & 9, 2023
Presentation Topic: Succession Planning
Presentation Speaker: Ethan Smith
Location & Time:
- November 8, 2023 from 1:00-4:00 pm – Memorial Hall (200 E 6th St, Hugoton, KS 67951)
- November 9, 2023 from 1:00-4:00 pm – Clarion Inn (1911 E Kansas Ave, Garden City, KS 67846)
About Ethan Smith:
Ethan Smith is certified in Family Business Advising (CFBA) from the Family Firm Institute and is an Accredited Farm Manager (AFM). Ethan has a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics with a minor in Animal Science (from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln).
Ethan specializes in advising family-owned agricultural businesses on long-term planning and management. With roots in Eustis, Nebraska, where he grew up on a farm, Ethan brings firsthand farming and ranching experience to his work. He has a deep understanding of varied agricultural practices and holds a CFBA certificate for family enterprise advising.
With a decade in third-party farm management, Ethan has broad expertise in succession planning and has worked with a range of clients including trusts and individual owners. He continues to be involved in his family's Nebraska farm and also co-owns a cow-calf operation in Texas.
He's an active member of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers and was recognized as one of AgGrad's Top 30 Under 30 in 2019. Ethan resides in Fort Worth, Texas with his family. If you are interested in learning more about Ethan, visit his professional bio.
Talking Points - A Few Things an Estate Plan Will Do:
- Make your wishes clear and protected
- Minimize tax burden on beneficiaries
- Protect family relations and minimize disputes
- Plan for charitable giving
- Protect family wealth and legacy